I dressed up on Friday. I had a couple of events to go to in succession and I happened to have the perfect dress for the occasion. People who see me everyday stopped and told me how beautiful I looked. And then when I left town and saw people who hadn't seen me in 8 months or more, they also all said how beautiful I looked.
I liked it. What girl wouldn't?
But then I saw him. And through the course of our conversation (during which he commented on how nice I looked) he reminded me that true beauty lies on the inside. And that he recognizes that I'm just as beautiful on the inside as I am on the outside - possibly more so.
It's nice that people think I'm pretty. But more than having a beautiful face, I also want to have a beautiful mind and especially a beautiful heart. And that's what I want people to be looking for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment